Happy H U M P daayyyy! I cannot believe it’s already the middle of the week. I guess it seems like it’s gone by so fast because of the holiday weekend. I hope everyone had a fun and safe memorial day weekend. The rain really but a damper on plans but we still made the most out of it. Crawfish boils, fish frys, and lots of friends and family. For one of this week’s blog posts I thought it would be fun to share my top products I keep in my makeup bag at all times. I’ll save my skincare products for another post but this will be beauty and makeup!
Honest hour: I am not a makeup person. I can remember my mom taking me to get makeup for the first time and saying no to half of the things she picked out. I just am such a weirdo when it comes to how things feel on my skin. And I definitely do not want it to look like I tried too hard to do my makeup. Another honest hour moment here: I still use a few products I’ve had since my senior year of high school. (WHOOPs) IF you are a makeup genius please don’t get mad at me! When I say a couple I mean the same blush and I have 1 eyeshadow palette that I no longer use but its still almost full. But over the years I have really tried to stick with products I know will work on my face and will feel lightweight and pretty subtle. My hope is to one day get better at makeup and be a little more “professional” with the products I use, but for now I will stick to my low maintenance things and live life.
Here’s an inside look at what is currently in my makeup bag and what products I use. I’ll go into detail about what I love and why I use the products below. If you are interested in any of these products you can click on the picture above and it will take you straight to the links!
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer– I am in the shade ‘light-fair neutral’ and use this under my eyes and to highlight my T zone and bridge of my nose. Lately i’ve been using this as my overall foundation base.
- Anastasia Contour Kit– I use the lighter shades to go over my concealer under my eyes and the bronze shades to contour my face. My favorite part of my makeup!
- Gimme Brow Eyebrow Gel– My holy grail of makeup. I cannot go out of the house without putting this stuff on my eyebrows. It’s like mascara for them. I use the darkest shade I think a 6 because my eyebrows are black.
- Mac Blush– This i’ve had since high school and it still is trucking along. I am in shade Burnt Pepper and its such a pretty color on your cheeks.
- Translucent Powder– You can use any kind of setting powder but I use this to set my concealer and to kinda set my face in the places I get oily.
- Dior Mascara Blackout– The only mascara I use and will use until further notice. You’ll see why when you use it too. Another holy grail in my makeup routine.
- Morphe Setting Spray– OBSESSED with how this feels on my face- goes on so smooth and lightweight which is a plus. And it keeps my makeup looking good all day.
- Makeup Setting Fan– I have had this thing for like 3 years and I will never not have this in my bag. I use this to dry my setting spray. You will thank me later.
- Face Razors– I do this about once/twice a week to remove the peach fuzz. Your makeup goes on so smooth after you do this, and your face is so soft.
- Eyelash/brow Serum– This was an amazon find that I read amazon reviews on. I use this day and night everyday. Helps your lashes grow!
A little lengthy post this time but I had a lot of good little nuggets to share. By no means am I a beauty expert but if I help 1 person up their game, that’s a win for me. Of course there are a few things I add in (eyeshadow, lip stick, primers…) but this is the basics and things I cannot live without. And they are currently in my bag as we speak! Let me know if you have tried any of these or have any questions! Talk to ya later!