Woohoo, it’s finally Friday! I always look forward to Friday’s for several reasons but this one is a little different, and I was SO excited and nervous for it. I told y’all on Instagram that I had some huge news to share about Conner and I’s next journey, so thats what I’m dedicating this blog post about. PLUS this is my official ‘launch’ of All The B’s Wax blog being back in business. My thoughts are all over the place so I’m just going to post the picture and let that be the announcement… Hehe 🙂 I still cannot believe this is happening as I type this post. Anyone else feel like some of the most unexpected events happen and you question the timing or the purpose? This all happened so fast and so seamlessly that it all just made sense….Let me just tell y’all, GOD IS GOOD. GOD IS GREAT. AND GOD IS SO FAITHFUL.
CONNER AND I ARE BUYING A HOUSE!
I still cannot even take in the meaning of that yet- and I’ve had time to soak it in! LOL! So I know what you’re thinking… like what the heck? Why? When? How? What does this mean? Well I’m going to answer all of those questions, but first, WE ARE BUYING/BUILDING A HOUSE! AHHH!!
Ok okay, let’s talk details on how this all happened. I’m gonna make this as short and simple as possible because I’ll do a follow up blog post with more details.
- What the heck?– To this I say, I know, what the heck. We are 22/23 and buying a house together. Sounds insane and it probably is, but Gods timing > ours.
- Why?– So here’s a small little backstory, Conner lives in Dallas with his brother, and I’m still at home living with my mom. I always told myself I would live at home until I got married and my mom happily agreed it was okay to do, BUT, she’s also building and buying a new home too AHH!! So, this was a perfect time to move out PLUS Conner’s apartment lease is up in August so really the timing of this situation really came together. I’ll go more into detail later but essentially we both just decided to look at homes/places and an opportunity came up that we couldn’t pass up and WE ARE BUYING/BUILDING A HOUSE!
- How/Where?– A couple weeks ago we got a call from the DR Horton (our builder) and said we were next on the list to be called about a lot available. We looked at this community back in February, and told us there wasn’t anything available and would call us when there was something that came up. Well in the meantime we had looked at floorpans and settled on one we really loved (more later) so we put a hold check on the floorpan and like April 20th, we got the call saying if we were really in now was the time. We are going to be moving to Caddo Mills, which we are both super excited about. AHHH!!
- When?- Y’all this all happened so fast, I mean its been a total of 2 months since the beginning of this process to where we are now. CRAZY! So when I say we are building, we technically are. It’s going to be a brand new build, which is going to be so fun to watch the progress of. So we signed a contract on the house April 20th and if everything goes smoothly and there isn’t crazy hiccups we could be in the house as early as Mid September! We won’t officially know when right now but OMG- right around my birthday.
- What does this mean?– So this means we are building a house and our lives are about to change. Both Conner and I are extremely excited about this and so is both of our families, but we are also SO nervous about so many different aspects of this process. I know some of you might be like why house not an apartment? Why not rent instead of buy? I knew I wanted to buy instead of rent and I’ve been saving my pennies since I opened my savings account for this exact purpose and I cannot believe this is real life.
I have so many details to fill you in on since we signed the contract, what’s going to happen in the meantime, where we are going to live while this is being built, my thoughts an emotions on moving out and leaving my mom, the whole 9 yards. Im so happy the secret is finally out of the bag and I’m still so nervous and excited. The meaning SOLD now has a new meaning to both of us and is something we will always be able to say we accomplished. I’m beyond proud of conner and I’m very very very proud of myself. It’s an amazing feeling to say we are buying our first home together and we are so fortunate to be in this position so early in our lives.
SO WHAT’S NEXT?
Well, next up is giving you all the details about this crazy adventure. Home decor style, how to save money, what the moving process looks like, more home decor, ALL THE THINGS. If you are reading this still, thank you thank you. Please say a little prayer for Conner and I as we go into this next journey together and if you have ANY first time home buyer advice, you know where to find me!
LOVE LOVE LOVE life right now, see y’all very soon.